Friday, October 26, 2012

DIY: (HAIR) OMBRE' EFFECTS!!!

Sooooo once again since this blog of ours ( i say ours because it is i consider all of you who support me and what I do a huge part of P.O.D.) is all about saving money and keeping it DOPE! I am here bringing you another one of my DIY projects.

I salute all the dope hair stylist out there who work hard to bring sooo many dope creations but sometimes we can't all always afford to sit in a professionals' chair and get the style we desire!
\\
I was digging the Ombre hair and decided to head to experiment myself and save some money and it came out pretty good for an "Novice" (lol) got some pretty good feed back. I've done it about three times and have even made some extra cash on the side by doing it for others and "YOU CAN TOO".

Here's a pic of my first Diy Ombre on hair that was re-used. 




I decided to post just what it is the i do step by step very easy here at P.O.D. just how it is that I do it at my crib in the kitchen ;-).

Check out what you will need below:





1. Clairol Soy Plex activator (comes in numbers 10,20,30 amd 40 the higher the number the lighter the color will be lifted)

2. Clairol BW2 powder bleach

3. mixing bowl (you can use any old bowl)

4. Mixing brush


5. Brush or comb ....just to brush the hair make sure its straight no tangles.


6. Clips ...hold the wefts in place
7. Aluminum foil ....to place the hair onto evenly.


8. HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR of course.

(make sure the hair is placed out straight and even)

Steps!


1.Pour powder into the bowl (usually comes with a small measuring cup inside bucket...i usually use about 6 cup fulls)

2. Pour activator into the powder ( enough so that it gives you an almost pancake like mixture..not to runny tho..nice, slightly thick)

3. MIX IT TOGETHER!


4. Since the Ombre effect is a gradual one.... spread the mix onto the hair with the mixing brush go in strokes  up to down...up to down on the ends.... let it sit til it turns to the color of your choice flip the hair over do the same to those ends.


(optional apply aluminum foil on top of bleached hair while it sits to for faster color turn)


5. Start to work your way up the hair in those up and down strokes... if you let the first row sit for 30 minutes let the second row of stokes sit for about 15 and the last for about 8. Remember turn the hair over and do the same to the other side. Some people comb the mix through the hair to work it in i do inless it gets a lil tangled during the process.

6. Once that is done wash the bleach from the hair and you should see the color change. Now it is up to you to add a top color maybe a honey blonde, blue or red to give it
 an added touch. My latest Ombre effect i applied a Burgundy semi-perm color.

Below.


Optional step 7. I poured the color into the bowl mixed it


8. Just as i did with the bleach mix i applied the burgundy coloring and let it sit for the amount of time i chose for the color effect i wanted.

9. I let it sit for 20 minutes , i then washed it with Soft Sheen Carson weave care shampoo and shampoo and applied Pantene Moisturizer for women of color to the hair (anytime you color hair you should always keep it moisturized or it will look dull and get very brittle ane split ends will be a problem).


WALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!!!! 

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up via... email, fb or any social network all of my info is under my CONTACT TAB!!!!

NOW GO COLOR YOURSELF BAD AND SAVE THAT MULA!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment